- Research Overview
- Chemical Biology and Medicinal Chemistry
- Chemical Biology and Medicinal Chemistry Overview
- Discovering Enzyme Substrates and Functions
- Discovering Protein Ligands to Probe and Alter Function
- Discovering Enzyme Activators
- Analyzing Mechanisms of Drug Resistance via Chemical Biology
- Analyzing Enzyme Conformational Dynamics, Substrate Binding, and Catalysis
- Effective Drug Targeting of Pathogens via Medicinal Chemistry
- Computational Chemistry and Biology
- Computational Chemistry and Biology Overview
- Modeling protein regulation via allostery and post-translational modifications
- Visualizing and integrating bioinformatics and biomolecular data
- Modeling membrane permeation to optimize pharmacokinetics
- Determining enzyme function by predicting substrate specificity
- Physical Biology
- Protein and Cellular Engineering
- Protein and Cellular Engineering Overview
- Monitoring enzyme activity and disease biomarkers
- Generating human proteome antibodies via phage display and directed evolution
- Globally analyzing and dissecting apoptosis
- Proximity tagging of protein-protein interactions
- Investigating cellular interactions in tissues
- Creating fluorescent probes targeting the genome and key bio-pathways
- De novo design of catalytic and membrane proteins
- Probing and modulating membrane proteins
Wed Nov 18, 2020
Arkin’s appointment to bolster collaborations between academia and industry for drug discovery.
Fri Nov 13, 2020
Team efforts at the School and beyond produce two potential treatments for COVID-19.
Mon Oct 26, 2020
“Molecular building blocks” give antibiotics an edge over drug-resistant bacteria.
Thu Oct 15, 2020
It’s flu shot season and UCSF doctor of pharmacy (PharmD) students once again made sure that School of Pharmacy Dean B. Joseph Guglielmo, PharmD, received his. In what has become an annual tradition, the student-run, interprofessional UCSF Flu Crew gave Guglielmo a quick jab in the arm at the Walgreens pharmacy at the Parnassus Campus and sent...
Mon Sep 21, 2020
Sixteen School of Pharmacy staff members were recognized for their ongoing work supporting the PharmD program
Fri Sep 18, 2020
Danica Galonić Fujimori, PhD, will receive $1.25 million in funding over the next five years from the endowment of the late William K. Bowes, Jr., a venture capitalist and longtime UCSF supporter.
Mon Sep 14, 2020
With the COVID-19 pandemic precluding in-person events, the ceremony took place remotely.
Thu Aug 13, 2020
Dean Guglielmo provides updates on ongoing efforts with science, education, and patient care in the School.
Wed Aug 12, 2020
School scientists developed an antiviral that fights SARS-CoV-2 that can be given as a nasal spray.
- Page 1