- Research Overview
- Chemical Biology and Medicinal Chemistry
- Chemical Biology and Medicinal Chemistry Overview
- Discovering Enzyme Substrates and Functions
- Discovering Protein Ligands to Probe and Alter Function
- Discovering Enzyme Activators
- Analyzing Mechanisms of Drug Resistance via Chemical Biology
- Analyzing Enzyme Conformational Dynamics, Substrate Binding, and Catalysis
- Effective Drug Targeting of Pathogens via Medicinal Chemistry
- Computational Chemistry and Biology
- Computational Chemistry and Biology Overview
- Modeling protein regulation via allostery and post-translational modifications
- Visualizing and integrating bioinformatics and biomolecular data
- Modeling membrane permeation to optimize pharmacokinetics
- Determining enzyme function by predicting substrate specificity
- Physical Biology
- Protein and Cellular Engineering
- Protein and Cellular Engineering Overview
- Monitoring enzyme activity and disease biomarkers
- Generating human proteome antibodies via phage display and directed evolution
- Globally analyzing and dissecting apoptosis
- Proximity tagging of protein-protein interactions
- Investigating cellular interactions in tissues
- Creating fluorescent probes targeting the genome and key bio-pathways
- De novo design of catalytic and membrane proteins
- Probing and modulating membrane proteins
Fri Aug 9, 2019
School scientists recently uncovered how neurons normally recycle old proteins, and how this process goes awry in Alzheimer's disease, leading to the toxic building of protein fragments in the brain.
Mon Jul 8, 2019
The School’s Dean’s Office received Platinum LivingGreen certification for reducing waste, energy, and water usage.
Wed May 15, 2019
Dear UCSF School of Pharmacy Family and Friends:
At the UCSF School of Pharmacy we don’t just embrace change, we create it. We have a rich...
Tue May 14, 2019
On May 3, in front of a crowd of more than one thousand gathered at Louise M. Davies Symphony Hall in San Francisco, the 122 members of the UCSF...
Wed May 1, 2019
Students, faculty, staff, and alumni celebrated the School of Pharmacy's long history of achievement in the discovery and clinical sciences, and...
Fri Apr 19, 2019
Michael Keiser, PhD, and Kangway Chuang, PhD, want to use machine learning to speed the pace of drug discovery. By digging into the work of another...
Fri Mar 15, 2019
“Challenging the status quo leads to very good things,” said Glen L. Stimmel, PharmD ’72, who has spent a career doing just that. As a motto, it...
Tue Mar 12, 2019
The 2019 Mary Anne Koda-Kimble Seed Award for Innovation will fund nine bold research projects, ranging from studies of the molecular underpinnings...
Thu Mar 7, 2019
Scientists in the UCSF School of Pharmacy recently identified the first drug-binding target site on a molecule known to play a role in Parkinson's...
Wed Feb 27, 2019
Among all U.S. pharmacy schools, the UCSF School of Pharmacy earned the most research funding from the National Institutes of Health in 2018,...
- Page 1